Wow, just wow. We’ve been amazed at the interest and excitement in the build up to Hackagong. As of writing, we’ve sold 130 tickets, and expecting quite a few more on the day. The UOW uniCentre (mighty entrance pictured above) is all setup with ample tables, piles of beanbags and “godly amounts of bandwidth”, as one person described the 703Mbps down Internet speed test today.
Agenda details for the morning:
9am – Doors open. Registrations at the door. Find a spot to setup your gear. Networking, pastries and coffee. Organisers will help out those looking for team members.
10am – Official welcome and housekeeping
10:30am – Fire up the laptops and GOGOGO, Hackagong has begun!
The rest of the weekend’s program is available on this website and we’ll be giving each team a printout with the details.
Parking & transport:
- Full list of parking locations here (click transport -> parking on the right)
- Train to North Wollongong station – catch the Green shuttle bus, (55C is the right direction). It does a loop to UOW every 20mins or less.
What is provided?
- Internet access (wifi and wired options)
- Food (breakfast, lunch, dinner, fruit & snacks)
- Drinks (water, soft drink and Red Bull)
- 3D printers & filament for those entering that portion of Hackagong
What to bring?
- Your own laptop and/or desktop computer
- Powerboards and extension cables (some are provided, but bring your own)
- Ethernet cable (some cables and wifi are available)
- Warm clothes (it’s winter, although the heating will be on)
- Change of clothes and deodorant if you’re doing 30 hours straight :p
Can I buy a ticket at the door?
What if I don’t have a team?
We understand it can be daunting turning up to a hackathon without a team, but don’t worry, just let us know at the registration desk and the organisers will help you to find team members.
It’s shaping up to be an epic and fun weekend ahead! See you all there!